Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The greatest Day ever(this time I really mean it, no sarcasm here!)

WAHOO!!! I am officially done with this semester!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have waited for this moment for a very, very, very long time. For some reason this semester seems like it dragged(I know I haven't mentioned that before (wink, wink)! But I am done and I am pretty sure I did really well, that will help the GPA! The past week has been crazy (I know I say that every time but it really has) I am looking forward to just one day that I don't have anything on my schedule.(That would be tomorrow, except Emma has preschool, but that is ok) So back to this past week... It started out just like that last one ended, we were all holding our breath to see how long Brad's sis was going to have to wait for her doctor to decide to take her baby. And we didn't have to wait that long. She had the baby by c-section on Tuesday the 22nd. He is a beautiful baby boy, and we are all so excited to welcome him to our family. So I spent Wednesday and Thursday tending Brad's niece Hadlee. She is a funny little girl, however she isn't so little. She is five months younger than Maycee and she makes Mayc look like a midget. She is physically a BIG girl but she is darling and Emma & Maycee loved having her sleep over at our house and have her around to play with. Jon and Jessica live in Pocatello so we don't see them as much as we would like. Hadlee and Maycee came to preschool with Emma and I as I had to be the mom helper for Miss Cynthia on Wednesday. Maycee was so excited because everyday we drop Emma off she asks if she can go in to see Miss Cynthia, so this day she got to go to preschool. She is going to love it next fall when she gets to go. Then the girls got to spend the rest of the day Wednesday and Thursday playing. Brad's mom came and got Hadlee Thursday afternoon and took her to Heber to spend the rest of the week there. Then we all traveled to Pocatello on Saturday to see the baby and visit.

It was love at first sight for Emma, she loves, loves babies. She just sat and held him and stared at him, it was so funny. Maycee held him too and while she liked it she wasn't totally enthralled with him. We spent just a few hours there and then it was back to Bountiful because I was scheduled to work at the hospital at 7 Saturday night so we had to come back fast. The girls did really well but they were ready to be out of the car by the time we got to Bountiful. And they had a fun time seeing where Hadlee lived(They have asked for a while now when they get to go to Hadlee's house).

I have officially quit the care center and am now an employee only of Lakeview Hospital. The hospital is scheduling me for way more hours than I need so I figured that if I wanted to stay married and keep my children, I needed to clean the house and take care of them so I quit the care center. It was a good place to work and it gave me good experience but I really like the hospital setting a lot better!(Who wouldn't, 8 patients per 2 CNAs vs. 12-14 patients per CNA, that's a no-brainer!) So anyway, I now just work Tuesday and Thursday nights from 7-11 pm and a couple of 12 hour shifts 7am-7pm on the weekends a month. It's really nice and I like it so I'll stick with it for a while.

Sunday my mom had dinner for my Grandma Sowells birthday and so we all joined them for dinner. It was yummy and great since I didn't have to cook it. We went to church earlier and the girls loved going to primary. Emma is getting so good at singing all the songs they are learning this year. She loves to sing and she sings them to me at bedtime, it's so great to see her little spirit growing, she is such a beautiful little girl! And Maycee loves nursery, and her favorite song is the wise man and we have to sing that every night when she goes to bed. She is a funny little girl and has her little routine and don't you dare try to deiviate from it...or else...

I took her back to the doctor for her ears today and she still failed the hearing test and the doc said she still had "murky ear drums" so he referred me to an Ear, Nose and Throat doctor and her appointment is on Friday morning so we will see what the prognosis is.

I forgot the camera when we went to Pocatello but Jessica took pics and she is going to send them to me so when I get them I will post them. That's all for now, till next time...

2 comments:

Spencers said...

Mandy your life always seems so interesting!! I love feeling like i know what is going on since I read your posts.

The Playin' Lakins said...

Yay for you that the semester is over!!! Now we can pick a day to scrapbook!!! You will have to let me know your schedule, mine is kind of crazy the next month, but we should definitely find the time.
Oh, and what a crap granddaughter am I? I totally forgot Grandma's b-day!!! I'm going to have to make it up big time!