Monday, April 14, 2008

Just another week...

So what happened last week?? I think it was basically more of the same. Bit I have exactely 2 weeks from today and the semester is over!!! I am so excited. Spring semester is so long because they have the week of Spring break and then I think it's a longer than fall anyway so add two extra weeks, and it seems like an eternity! But I think I have done really well this semester and I might even end up with a 4.0 this semester (my first ever in my whole life! Yes the classes are just general ed but hey, I'll take it when I can!) Last Wednesday was Brad's birthday and he turned 27! He went to work that day and didn't even want to go out to dinner when I got home from class, so we just spent the night at home. What a party pooper. I worked at Lakeview on Tuesday night but on Thursday they just put me on call because the census(how many patients are on the unit) was low so unless we got some admits I didn't have to go in, so I watched ER and then went to bed. Working Thursdays is going to be a little rough because that is Grey's night and ER, but there is a TV at work so I guess I can catch pieces of it here and there and then watch it on the internet Friday. Saturday I worked 12 hours between the care center from 6 to 3 and then at Lakeview from 7 to 11, and then I worked from 6 to 3 at the care center Sunday morning, so I just worked a lot this weekend, but that's ok, if I had been at home I would have just sat around so at least I was doing something productive. And Brad needs the daddy/daughter bonding time with the girls. He is really good with them and even if he has no patience they are really good for him so he doesn't lose his patience very often. Sunday night we had my parents and Jaclyn and Trevor and Jodee and my grandparents and Brad's parents and little bro all over for dinner for Brad's birthday. It is so great to have all the fam together and chat. I am so glad that our families are comfortable enough to do that, combining two families is hard and it is great that all of us can get together and chat and have a good time. Everyone said that they were planning on coming to dinner again in two weeks because with all the birthdays that is how it has been for the last little while. We would love to have everyone over, it isn't very often that we have visitors and we love it when we do, so you are all welcome anytime, just don't expect anything special the next time, you might end up with Mac-n-cheese! We don't eat that well all the time!
Emma and Maycee are so excited for the warmer weather! They both have asked me everyday if we can go swimming in our blowup pool yet! It is suppose to be 80 degrees today! And then it is going to bottom out again tomorrow! What a bummer dude, get us all exctied and then take it all away! That is killer for a 3 and 5 year old! Testing my mothering skills yet again...
Well that's about it for now...till next time!

2 comments:

Lane and Janice said...

Hi guys! We love your blog! Your girls are getting so big. Just wanted to say hi, hope all is well with you guys!

Ashleigh said...

love the blog! great to see your fam! Your girls are too cute!