Monday, September 29, 2008

Odds & Ends

It has been a pretty routine couple of weeks. Emma and Maycee LOVE school! Em comes home everyday with lots of stories about what she is doing and her friends at school. She is getting so independent and it is a little scary. She is participating in the school choir and she loves it too. They hold practice every Thursday morning from 8:00 to 8:30 but school doesn't start until 8:45 so Em informed me that she knew the way to her class from where the practice was held and that I did not need to wait for her. I then informed her that she was only 5 and that she was not going to wait by herself for 15 minutes unsupervised( I am not that ready to let her be "Big"). But she loves everything about school, and her favorite part is recess (I don't know a child that doesn't say that is their favorite part).

Maycee loves preschool too and she is doing really well. I haven't gotten a call from her teacher saying that she is beating the other kids up yet so I am very proud of her. She even got to pick a treasure out of the treasure box for being good last week. My little princess Maycee picked the one inch rubber fly...who knew...it is her most prized possession this week, crazy girl.

Brad went hunting last weekend and while he had a great time, he lost his one contact out of his worst eye. Brad's vision is aweful and he has a degenerative disease so his contacts are VERY IMPORTANT to say the least, he can't see anything without them, so we have scrambled this morning with the Moran Eye center to get him a new one ASAP because he can't drive or work without it. We got them to order him a new one and they overnighted it so hopefully it will be here tomorrow and I can go pick it up. He had an awesome time hunting with his Dad and Brothers. It is very much a male thing though I have decided. I am not sure that my little girls would appreciate it like their father thinks they should, Brad needs some boys...Crazy boys...From what I can tell they all had a good time and it's good for them all to have some time spent together. However I decided that I depend on Brad A LOT for a number of things, mainly just companionship, more than I thought I did and I missed him tons for the four days he was gone. But it was good for him to get away for a while and do something he really enjoys. But it's a good thing it is only an annual thing...

Anyway,that's about it for now...

'till next time.

3 comments:

Russon said...

Hey!! It was good seeing you at the soccer games!! You have a darling family!

Rhonda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rhonda said...

Mandy, I had a typo in my first comment, so I deleted it. Anyway, if you'll send me your email address, I'll invite you to my blog. Yours is darn cute. Any news on the real estate front?