Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of School!!



Today was Emma's first day of Kindergarten!!! She was so excited she could hardly stand it! Both her and Maycee got to dress in their new school clothes and they both have worn their backpacks around all day. It is so great to have kids that love to learn, it is one of the best things that we get to do in this life.


Emma went to the Back to School Morning at the Elementary School. They got to meet their teacher and go to the library while the teacher talked to the parents. Emma has Mrs. Wheeler at Meadowbrook Elementary, and she seems like she will be excellent. She doesn't go back until next week because they have the kindergarten testing the rest of this week. Emma goes tomorrow to do hers. It's going to be a long week...



I also finally found Maycee another preschool, YA!!! She was excited that she could go to school now to. It is a lady that is in her first year teaching and seems like she should be pretty good. Maycee just needs the social interaction practice anyway, I can do academic stuff with her. So we are all set to go...Oh ya...

I started another semester again(I think I am trying to forget that). It is my last semester of gen ed classes and then I don't have anything I have to take until I get into a nursing program. I am still playing around with the idea of going to finish my cosmotology degree at SLCC while I wait to get into their nursing program, but I don't know yet.

So we are back into the swing of things, and hopefully it will be a great year for us all!!

3 comments:

Huber Family said...

I can't believe how grown up Em and Mayc are! I was going to text and ask how things went yesterday! Sounds like she is going to love it! Awesome!

Ashleigh said...

School is so wonderful! I can't wait until Porter can finally go. The girls look so adorable in their pink dresses! I love it!

Ashleigh said...

P.S. I tagged you!
Check out my blog for details!
Your it!