Monday, January 12, 2009

Project #1

When we bought our house we loved the layout and it was the right price and in a great location, so we said yes we want to buy it. However the decorating leaves something to be desired so we have started the re-decorating of the inside of the house. And project numero one is the kitchen. It had this really lovely red and green wallpaper(and I must say that the idiot who invented the stuff should be shot!)and it gave the house a real Christmas feel all year long! So it came off and we are preparing the walls for paint and new trim and we(or should I say it's Brad)are fixing up the cabinets a little. I am really excited. The girls said that they live in an ugly house now and that we must move right away! I tried to explain that it wasn't staying that way and that it was just temporary. Anyway--last night after the girls went to bed Brad and I turned on some good ol' Timmy and tore wallpaper off the walls and scrapped and scrapped and scrapped some more(did I mention that the inventor should be shot?!)It was so fun, really! So here are some pics of our progress so far. And they are all of Brad working, but I did help...I swear!



8 comments:

The Shumards said...

The house looks great. It is so rewarding to see the finished product and know that you did it. I am so excited for you on baby #3 Since we have lost Maloree I truly understand what miracles children are and we are so happy for you. Can't wait to hear what you guys are having. Love you.

Emily Hamilton said...

Your house is lookin' good!! Congrats on baby #3, that's so exciting! Do you know what you're having?
I love your family picture. You look so happy! Looks like you had a fun Christmas!
Happy New Year!

Celeste Pearson said...

Hey! Thanks for finding my blog! Bryan has been looking for Brad's phone number so we can get together when we are in Utah again. Can you email me your phone number? It's celeste_pearson@yahoo.com. Thanks! And cute family. We are also remodeling our house - for the last 4 years!!

Tim and Heather said...

Hey your house looks like a lot of fun! I want to come see it! I didn't even know you guys had moved until right before Jac left us all! I hope everything is going well! when do you find out the sex of the baby?

The Playin' Lakins said...

How's the house coming? When do you find out if you are having a boy or a girl?

April and Jared Fenn said...

oh what fun! I'm sure ya'll are just loving the house. I sure wish I could have a bigger house, or maybe just kick out my basement renters. nah

Tara said...

Oh you just sound so enthused about that wallpaper! Hope the projects go as planned and you turn your "ugly" house into a beautiful one!

Sowells said...

I love before and after pictures of projects! Good to catch up on your family!