Saturday, August 4, 2012

Stuff

There has been some stuff happening lately at our little house...first the fun stuff.  My mom called and ask if I would like to see Wicked and who says  no to that?  So she bought two tickets for me and my sister in law because both of us had never seen it before and my parents and my sister saw it in London.  So JoDee and I went to Wicked.  I wasn't totally sure what to expect other than everyone I have ever talked to says its wonderful, and...it lived up to the expectation.  It was a very fun evening and I really enjoyed the night out with JoDee, she's pretty good
company.



Now for the not so fun stuff...Last weekend at work I passed out again.  I have been doing this every so often for quite a while now, probably about 6-7 years, and every time I have been to the emergency department they tell me its a vagal response and that I'll be fine, no tests, nothing.  Well this time the ED doc decided to run a EKG and found some abnormalities with my heart - Left Ventricular Hypertrophy.  Basically my heart is growing stiff and can't pump the blood like its suppose to.  Could be caused from a few different things, High blood pressure is the most common.  But it can also be caused from problems with the aorta and anything that can cause the heart to have to work harder to pump the blood.  Anyway, left unfixed or not controlled properly and you will have heart failure, not such a great thing.  So I was referred to a cardiologist to get it checked out and see just how bad it is and what needs to happen from here.  My appointment is Monday so we will see...
Kinda has me a little freaked out, but I have "prepared myself for the worst, and am hoping for the best"

2 comments:

The Playin' Lakins said...

First, Wicked is awesome and so glad you got a chance to see it. Second, WTC??? Hope everything comes out okay and you can get it under control. Keep me posted. Love ya!

Brad and Jaclyn said...

We're keeping you in our prayers and hoping it's an "easy" fix!! Love you lots!!