Wednesday, August 5, 2009

It has been CRAZY around here lately...

A week ago today Maycee ended up at Primary Children's because she was having problems breathing. She had woke up saying she didn't feel well and then went back to bed. When I checked on her I noticed that she was breathing really heavily so I watched her the rest of the afternoon, but then decided that it wasn't getting any better and before I spent the whole night making sure she was still breathing I took her to the doctor. When we got there they checked her oxygen saturation and it was VERY low and they couldn't hear any air movement in her lungs so they sent us to Primary's. We spent the next 5 1/2 hours in the ER at Primary's and then they finally admitted her to the RTU (rapid treatment unit) for overnight. The first night she dipped really low again and required oxygen so they decided to admit her to the medical unit for another night. All the while giving her breathing treatments every 2-4 hours. By Friday afternoon they decided that she was better enough to go home!!! That place is wonderful and it serves an amazing purpose for us here along the wasatch front, but I would rather not ever see the inside again! (unfortunately, it may be just the beginning of our trips there now!) And just in time for me to frantically clean my house and yard for Wyatt's baby blessing on Sunday. They actually diagnosed Maycee with Asthma. So I have to be 100% better at cleaning my house and keeping the dog away from her things and I have to wash everything in HOT water and she has to just have a close eye on her all the time because she won't tell me she can't breath, she just shruggs her shoulders when you ask her, that's my mayc!


We got everything ready and Wyatt was blessed in sacrament meeting on Sunday and everyone enjoyed the yummy food (thanks to mom for getting most of it ready! And Jaclyn for taking Emma and Wyatt for two days!) Wyatt was so handsome in his cute little tux!

What a party!

Wyatt and Alyssa, they were born two weeks apart

1 comment:

Heidi #1 said...

That is so sad about Maycee, but I am glad you figured it out and she is okay. Just add asthma on to your list Mandy...you got nothing else going on. Geez! I am hapy that Wyatt got blessed and I hope he is doing well. I am doing cupcakes for your mom tomorrow! Thanks for the referrel. It is so fun to bake for others! I have a gift for Wyatt (well really for you) I just haven't brough it over yet. It has been sitting in my car for over a month in case I have a minute to drop it by. I will soon.