Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Seriously...

So if it's not one thing it's another. As many of you know I work on the psych unit at Lakeview Hospital, and while it can be "exciting" sometimes there are times that the excitment is a little dangerous. So that is the background for all this. I was asked last week to get a doctors note from my boss "for safety". At the time I thought it was a bit odd but didn't think much about it until a little later and realized that they had no reason to ask me for the doctors note, so essentially they were asking for a doctors note completely because I was pregnant and for no other reason, which is a MAJOR no-no. Anyway-so they had already recieved the doctors note and of course it said that I couldn't provide any direct care to any aggresive patients so the hospital told me that I would have to take a leave of absence. So that is when I made a big fuss and told them I would not and that they would pay me whether I was working or not. They finally claimed their mistake and realized that they were in the wrong and found me a desk job doing clerical/secretary work until I take maternity leave in June. What a mess, they had good intentions because on the unit there is a real possibility of getting hurt, and I would imagine that it would be more so with a great big belly such as mine, but the way they went about it was completely against the law. So anyway- I am working as a unit secretary until the baby is born and then after maternity leave I will be back working as a CNA. Good grief people...Seriously

1 comment:

The Playin' Lakins said...

Some people just don't understand what the HR department is for. Glad it didn't turn into a totally major fiasco for you.