Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Oh I'm so far behind!

So yes I am the biggest slacker in the world when it concerns updating the few readers who actually look at it, but for my own journaling and history I really need to be better, because basically it's all I got.  Someday my goal is to do my children's scrapbooks and when that day comes this is my guide for what needs to go in it.  So where to start...

Maycee's Birthday

Maycee turned 8 years old this year!  It's a pretty big birthday.  Maycee is quite the girl!  If you want to know how it is-nothing held back-she's the gal to go to-she will tell you how it is straight up.  I cringe every time she opens her mouth for fear what is going to come out of it.  And then I pray like mad that the receiving person to her comments is not going to be offended!!  But we love her none the less and I can always count on her to tell me when I look bad...

My kids have just about everything a child can ask for so for them to decide what they want for their birthdays is quite the feat!


I haven't gotten around to getting their yearly pictures done yet so they will be coming soon--hopefully!

Emma's Birthday

Miss Em turned 10!  I can't believe my oldest child is ten years old!  I am so freaking excited for the day that she can stay home and tend the other three while I go run errands or go out with Brad!  We are counting the days!  She LOVES babies and she loves her baby sister a lot!  She is the best help and I don't know what I'd do without her.



We had family dinner for each of their birthdays as it the tradition.  This year was the year off of friend parties--it was so nice not to have to worry about it! 

Spring Break

For Spring Break this year I wanted to take the kids somewhere-Just us.  Brad and I have been married 11 years in August and have never taken the kids on a vacation with just our family-it's always been with the parents or someone in the extended family.  So I decided on St. George.  I booked us a hotel room and we drove down for the weekend.  It wasn't anything super exciting or special but the time with just the six of us and with no particular agenda was awesome!!  It was just what I needed!  We went to Zions for a few hours and hiked an easy hike to the emerald pools.  Colby and Trisha (brad's brother and sister in law) came with us.  It was fun to see them for a bit!  The kids had the best time in the pool at the hotel and were really good for most the trip.  It was fun to just be a family for a few days.









My kids are all little fish-none as bad as Emma but they all LOVE the water!  We are warm climate people and this Utah weather stinks big time!  
On the way down to St. George




Our Hike at Zions to Emerald Pools



Maycee's Baptism

It was Maycee's turn to be baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints on April 13.  She chose to have her uncle Trevor Baptize her and her Grandpa Spencer confirm her.  It was a pretty special day for her.





We celebrated with family at our house after for Brads 32nd birthday!!


In between all this fun we have remodeled our kitchen, the floor and cabinets and countertops are all brand spankin new!  It's not quite done yet-crown goes up tonight hopefully!  I will post pictures soon.

It's busy busy round these parts!  Til next time...

1 comment:

Brad and Jaclyn said...

You have been very busy!! I'm glad your trip to St. George was good! Your family is so cute! Love you all to death!! Congrats to Mayc on her baptism! And your kitchen looks fabulous!! Great job Brad!!