Thursday, February 16, 2012

Movin Along

So life is movin along...  I took NCLEX on Tuesday, valentines day and PASSED!!!!  I am now officially a registered nurse!  Kind of exciting!  Now on to the job hunt so I can pay my bills...blah!  But such is life.  I am hoping that I can find something fairly quickly but from the words coming from other recent graduates it is slim pickins out there and new grads are pretty lucky to even get an interview let alone the job offer.  So we will see how it goes!

Olivia is 6 weeks now and she has been switched to soy formula-the mamas milk just wasn't cuttin it-too many tummy problems.  While it is helping a bit, she also has tracheomalacia like Wyatt had so she has to work extra hard to breath and eat and its a struggle everytime.  For those who don't know tracheomalacia is a condition that some babies develop where the trachea is soft instead of hard like it is suppose to be and so it collapses when they breath and causes them to work harder to get stuff-air and food-down their throat.  They do eventually grow out of it and it eventually hardens up like its suppose to but until then we battle and try to find ways to get her more comfortable.  The fact that I am not an avid breastfeeder and willing to give up my dairy is tough too cuz she would do a little better if she could nurse but we've talked with an occupational therapist and got some ideas on bottle feeding we're going to try out. Other than that she's doing fabulous, starting to coo and smile, love that, makes all this other yucky stuff I have to deal with totally worth it!

Everyone else is great too-just movin along!

No comments: