Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Bee's are NOT our friends!

Yesterday we were out once again in the pool in the backyard and I had actually come in to start dinner when I can hear Maycee wailing(and when I say wailing, she was crying like she traumatically injured, Mayc isn't quiet and she isn't the least bit dramatic!) Anyway, I go to investigate and she has the grip of death on her thumb. I ask her what is the matter and she informs me that her "friends" hurt her. I was a little confused at the moment as you can imagine because it was just Emma and Maycee in the yard playing so I ask for more information and she told me that she was trying to pick up the bugs with honey on their backs! And the light clicked on...she got stung by a bee! So I took her inside and tried to pull the stinger out, and Mayc wasn't having anything to do with that. She gritted her teeth and was shaking from chomping her jaw shut so hard. So about this time Brad comes home from work and she is calmed down to a point where she isn't screaming bloody murder and he asks her what happened and she told him that she got stung and he said to her that at least she killed the bee when it stung her, and it started all over again...she had now killed one of her friends the bees. She has a thing for insects. One Sunday we were all at mom and dads and she informed Trevor that the ants are her friends. What a weird child! I had to put a bandaid on her thumb(because of course that cures everything when you're three) and the rest of the evening she walked around holding her thumb in the air with the other hand. Use it for all it's worth girl!

4 comments:

Laura's Linoleum said...

"I'm squishing up my baby bumblebee... won't my mommy be so proud of me". It's all due to that song that we have these problems. How funny that she called them "her friends". Those are nasty little varmints!

Huber Family said...

How funny! Hadlee would have been the same way..however they are not her friends! She is deathly afraid of anything that even moves let alone flies!

The Playin' Lakins said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!
That is all I can do is laugh! What a cutie. At least kids are good for entertainment sometimes, eh?

Ashleigh said...

Too funny! O.k. so has she seen the Bee Movie yet! Gotta get that one for her.